I know what it’s like to grow weary in the fulfillment of the call of God. 2 years ago I took a month long sabbatical to just rest in God and allow him to fill my cup back up. The truth is you don’t have to sideline yourself to overcome seasons of weariness, you just need to do more of the most important things that contribute to your overall well being and less or even cut out what isn’t important.
When the call wearies you, make sure you identify what fills your tank back up and do them. These could include:
- Exercise – Exercise helps your body to de-stress as well as increase your energy levels.
- Sleep – Sleep it off. Restore your bodies natural sleep patterns and you will start to feel better.
- Vacation – Sometime all you need is a good old fashioned holiday for at least 3 weeks to recover.
- Prayer Retreat – Book 3 days away into your diary and spend the time praying and reading your bible.
- Vision – Return to the original vision that inspired you to answer the call in the first place and rekindle it.
- Read – Take a couple of hours off and read a good book that gets your mind thinking about other things.
- Friends – Call up your friends and go have some fun.
- Movie – Go catch a good movie and escape to another world for a couple of hours.
- Devotions – Get up everyday and spend extra time worshipping, praying and reading your bible.
- Holy Spirit – Ask for an infilling of the Holy Spirit and stop doing ministry on empty batteries.